Hi Denver investors. It’s the end of quarter one, and the only way to describe it is hectic. Between my wife and I both getting COVID and the state of the market, I can’t believe how much time has passed already. I recently sat down to review my goals for the year, and I want to give you an update on the market and some cool stuff coming down the pipeline.
- Listen to the podcast “#270: What We Have Been Up to at Envision Advisors: Portfolio Analysis, New Studio, Social Media” on the Denver Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video (at the bottom.)
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
As we all know, the inventory and market have been really tough in Denver and Colorado Springs. Everyone is out there pounding the pavement to find deals, and we’re working more and working harder to get our clients under contract. This year, we’re averaging 15-16 deals a month, which are great numbers. It shows that there are still deals out there that make sense in the current market.
Goals Update: Studio and Media Team
My biggest focus this year has been remodeling our studio and growing our media team. One of my favorite phrases is “Document, don’t create,” and my goal in building the studio and our team is to expand our ability to educate people through documenting deals and conversations.
We’ve had the podcast for a long time, and while we’re still doing it, we’re also growing beyond it. Our new studio is fully equipped with four cameras, so we can take video, too. To take a tour of it and see how we built it out, view the YouTube video below to walk it with us and learn more.
Now that we’ve got a great studio space, we’re focusing on building out our team, too. We hired Jules, our Videographer, and Dianna, our Social Media Manager. You’ll meet them as we increase our content creation. They’re working with our Marketing Director, Jen, who’s great at juggling dates and deadlines as we push out more material.
With the new studio and growing team, we’re going to start putting out new and revamped content. Here are some of the topics we’ll be focusing on:
- Deal Analyses. These are great to go through because they really help people learn the market by contextualizing the numbers, property, and investors. We’ve fallen off on putting them out, but over the next few months, we’ll be making them a more regular feature and even start doing them on YouTube Live. This will be a fun way to interact and allow you to walk through a deal with us in real time. Make sure you check out our Denver Real Estate Investment Analyses and our Colorado Springs Real Estate Investment Analyses.
- Market Updates. We’re still doing the Denver Real Estate Market Updates, but those have been in a bit of a rut. The market stats haven’t changed in the past four months: it’s great to be a seller and tough to be a buyer. While we’ll still cover the stats, we’re going to start using our own data from the deals we’re completing to help contextualize the wider market stats. I’ll do those live, as well, so you can come and learn the market while we talk to different guests and have a great time.
- Portfolio Analysis. We’re also increasing our portfolio analysis and working with Chelsea to talk about trends she’s seeing, opportunities, and common mistakes landlords make. We did our first Live Q&A with Chelsea April 13th and will be doing more, so be on the lookout for that.
- New Builds. We’re starting a short series on new builds. We’ll go over the pros and cons as well as nuances that come with buying them. There will be a handful of deal analyses and interviews with agent Lauren Valinoti.
- Niche Topics. We’ll do a deeper dive into things like AirBnB, medium-term rentals, and more new build content.
Connect with Us
Thanks to the great work of our new team members, we’re overhauling our social media channels. Jules’s editing skills have improved the quality of our YouTube videos, so search Envision Advisors on there to check them out. Dianna is helping us create more two-way communication and fostering a community on our other social media platforms. Search for envisionrea on Instagram and LinkedIn to participate. One of our first major pushes will be the 2021 Colorado Investing Guide book due out in May.
Now that we’re at the end of quarter one, share an update on your goals with us. Take a picture of your goals, post them online, and tag us at envisionrea and me at chrislopez_co. We’d love to hear how things are going for you so far this year. If you can’t tag us, then email them to Dianna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have ideas for podcasts episodes, new content, or fun giveaways, we’d love to hear them. And if you’re an expert on a topic, reach out to us to be a guest. Don’t forget to like and subscribe to the podcast!
YouTube Video: What We Have Been Up to at Envision Advisors: Portfolio Analysis, New Studio, Social Media
Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 13:41 — 15.7MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More