I’d like to reach out to those of you in our network with another job opportunity in Denver. It’s a great position in which to learn and network with active Denver real estate investors and grow with our company.
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to work directly with Envision Advisors. Listen to the podcast (at the bottom) to hear about this opportunity or read this blog post for the full description. Instructions on how to apply are at the bottom.
And please feel free to share this posting with others in your network.
- Listen to the podcast “#250: Job Posting: Social Media Manager” on the Denver Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Read the blog post to get the full job description.
Social Media Manager Position
Envision Advisors is looking for a Social Media Manager. Before covering the typical job description, here are the two most important qualities we are looking for in a candidate:
- The Right Person – We are looking for a talented individual who is the right fit for our culture and long term goals. Before posting this to a job board, we believe reaching out to our community is the best first step in order to “get the right person on the bus,” because we feel the right person is already engaged with real estate in some way.
- “Document – – Don’t create” – This is a great Gary Vee saying. It’s also one of our core marketing principles. Your role will be to document our work and turn it into compelling and valuable content for social media. Our work takes the form of Live Q&As, podcasts, interviews, etc. You will share the posts on the brands’ respective social media channels. We don’t want the typical social media strategies implemented by most companies in and out of real estate, because they aren’t that effective! Our ultimate goal is always to provide value to our followers and cultivate community.
You will be in charge of two brands
- Envision Advisors at Your Castle Real Estate
- Envision Advisors focuses on helping clients build long term wealth in real estate in Denver and Colorado Springs.
- A new BiggerPockets YouTube Show on Multi Family
- This is a new weekly video podcast where Terrance Doyle and I interview national experts in the Multi Family industry.
Your time and attention will be split approximately 60% Envision / 40% BiggerPockets show.
The Right Person
- Is passionate about real estate investing
- Has a social media background but does not have to be an expert
- Is hungry to learn
- Is coachable
- Is a team player
- Wants to grow a career in the real estate investing industry
- Has a “get it done” attitude; takes direction but doesn’t need to be micromanaged
- Innovative and willing to fail
- Can grow and adapt with the role and marketing strategies
- Adept at time management – – you will be working with multiple properties, projects, brands, and managing multiple social media platforms. There will be multiple recordings, and you will need to meet expected turnaround times to stay on track in order to keep posts relevant with project release dates.
Our podcast studio is currently being converted into a dedicated video studio to capture video content in addition to recording podcasts. The majority of the content will be created in-person at the studio. We try our best to avoid remote virtual recordings; we find the quality of the conversations and content is much higher with in-person compared to zoom call recordings.
You will be on-site in the studio as well. Being in the studio in person will help with captioning and repurposing the content. Most importantly, it will create a higher quality experience for our social followers. During our Livestreams, you will manage the various threads across social platforms to engage people in conversation. You will also be responsible for capturing and documenting unique, high value content!
After the recording or Livestream, you will work with our Marketing Manager and Videographer to start captioning and repurposing content. You will not only be responsible for creating content; you will also foster a sense of community for the respective brands by starting and continuing conversations.
You will spend approximately 10-15 hours a week on site at the studio. The remaining time can be spent off site.
Envision Advisors focuses on helping clients build long term wealth in real estate in Denver and Colorado Springs. Your responsibilities under the umbrella of Envision Advisors consists of:
- Manage our YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn profiles
- Repurpose content from the Denver Real Estate Investing and Colorado Springs Real Estate Investing podcasts across our social media platforms
- Manage reviews from past and current clients
- Work with our team of agents to effectively promote on their respective social media channels
BiggerPockets Multi Family YouTube Show
This is a weekly video podcast where Terrance Doyle and I interview national experts in the Multi Family industry. Your responsibilities will consist of:
- Repurpose content from the show for posting across Facebook, Linkedin, and Instagram. You will create compelling posts across different brands:
- Envision Advisors
- Terrance Doyle and his Value Add Real Estate Company (VareCo)
- Helping us make a great show!
- Capture content while we’re recording in the studio
- Write effective headlines, captions and call to actions for each post
- Use hashtags and tags to promote discoverability and shareability
- Pivot and craft compelling digital content from live material and publish it in a consistent brand voice
- Foster a community by engaging people in the comments with the goal of providing value. Quick response time is needed here which depends on effective time management.
- Effectively promote our Livestream events and facilitate the conversation during them
- During the Livestreams, you will monitor the Live Q&A and facilitate the conversation across different platforms.
- Report engagement/interaction metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor accounts and respond to messages, comments
- Track key performance indicators (KPIs) and prepare weekly and monthly reports
- Set up systems for daily, weekly and monthly todos
Compensation is based on experience and the plan that we put together. We’re not looking for someone that just wants a job; our goal is to find someone who wants an opportunity to learn, grow and be a part of a unique organization. You will be in a position to meet amazing people and learn a ton about real estate investing.
How to Apply
Please follow the instructions below carefully. Failure to complete any of the steps will disqualify you from consideration.
- Email: Jen@envisionrea.com with the subject line: Social Media Manager
- Include your resume and cover letter
- Send us your Meyers Briggs personality test (the free version). Click here to take it. Then register (it’s free), view report, and copy and paste your results in an email to Jen.
- We will review your information. If we feel you are a good candidate, we will contact you to schedule a Zoom interview.
- At some point, we may ask you to create 3-5 sample posts from our media and to outline a basic social media strategy.