MLS trends data for January are now out. One exciting develop we saw last month is inventory went up a bit. It’s a 20% increase, although that doesn’t mean too much when the starting number is 425. It will be interesting to see if people start to sell more as we come into the spring season in March and April. We should see a little more, but it’s very slim out there.
- Listen to the podcast “#74: Colorado Springs Real Estate MLS Market Stats – January 2022” on the Colorado Springs Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video (at the bottom.)
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
Market Stats Ideas and Observations
- The number of new listings brought to market was 6% higher than Jan ’21, which is encouraging.
- The number of units sold was 9% larger than Jan ’21.
- The average sales price increased 14% from last year. The pace of price appreciation is not slowing down.
- Unlike in Denver, where the inventory is getting smaller, in CO Springs, the inventory is up 20%.
- There are 0.5 MOI (months of inventory), so that inventory increase didn’t change the fact it is a very strong seller’s market, but at least it’s a (small) step in the right direction.
- Condos followed all of the same trends as the homes did. Condo appreciation was 20%.
Source: The above Executive Summary is from Lon Walsh of Your Castle Real Estate.
Colorado Springs Housing Trends January 2022
How to Get Started Building Your Own Colorado Springs Rental Portfolio
For information on how to start investing in Colorado Springs, check out our free 2021 Colorado Springs Real Estate Investing Guide.
Colorado Springs Real Estate MLS Market Stats – January 2022
Podcast (colorado-springs-real-estate-investing-podcast): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 22:20 — 25.6MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More