The Colorado Springs MLS trends data for December and the year-end are now out. Everything is holding strong and there are no big changes from the previous months. We’re ending the year with 19% year over year median sales price growth, which is an incredible gain but not one I see changing in the near future.
- Listen to the podcast “#67: Colorado Springs Real Estate MLS Market Stats – December 2021” on the Colorado Springs Real Estate Investing Podcast
- Watch the YouTube video (at the bottom.)
- Read the blog post. Note, the blog is an executive summary. Get the in-depth breakdown from the podcast or video.
Home prices, rent prices, and interest rates are all increasing. While investors are not thrilled about housing prices, the increased rents help even it out from a cashflow standpoint. Even though interest rates are increasing, investors should keep in mind that buying now and locking in a still historically low interest rate will be a good hedge against rising inflation.
For 2022, I predict prices and rents will continue to go up.
Year-end Market Stats Ideas and Observations
- Unlike in Denver, the number of listings was up at the end of ’21.
- The number of sales was slightly higher in Dec ’21 than Dec ’20. CO springs had a really strong Dec!
- Prices continued their amazing growth, +18% in the current month vs Dec ‘20
- For the year, we had about 4% more listings than in 2020.
- Sales volume as up a strong 6%
- And the average sales price, year on year, was up 20%. Just amazing.
Source: The above Executive Summary is from Lon Walsh of Your Castle Real Estate.
Colorado Springs Housing Trends December 2021
Showing per Active Listing Trends for Colorado Springs
How to Get Started Building Your Own Colorado Springs Rental Portfolio
For information on how to start investing in Colorado Springs, check out our free 2021 Colorado Springs Real Estate Investing Guide.
Colorado Springs Real Estate MLS Market Stats – December 2021
Podcast (colorado-springs-real-estate-investing-podcast): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 12:37 — 14.4MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS | More